Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fentamins Dandelion and Burdock

I've already covered the background of Fentamins, so I guess I'll talk about Burdock. Burdock, also known as Arctium, is an edible plant that is popular in Asian cuisines. The roots of the taproot can be eaten and are sweet, crisp and slightly pungent. It's used in traditional Chinese medicines and it's burs were the inspiration for velcro.

I've never actually had it before, but apparently Dandelion and Burdock is a popular soft flavor in the UK.

Appearance

Similar apearance to the Rose Lemonade. I love the bottle, I love the label, the soda has a great color to it.

One of the things I love about glass bottles is the vapor you get when you first pop the cap. It's like the fog is rolling in, or a smokey stage is set, getting ready to present your next beverage experience.

Appearance Score

9/10 Love it. Great bottle, nice label.

Taste

And what an experience it was.

The soda does not smell appetizing. It smells primarily of licorice and Twizzlers with a cough syrupy smell underneath. Its sweet and medicine and not pleasant.

Alright, so lets ignore the smell and take a sip.

I wish I had better words to describe this. The first flavor to appear is a sweet mild citrusy something. Then there is a really weird abrubt flavor switch and it tastes like licorice, and medicine, and plant matter. Then it leave behind a sticky, stale bubblegum and licorice aftertaste.




The worst part of it is I keep having to drink it, because there are more flavors in there that I just can't put my finger on. 

Taste Score

1/10 Ew

No comments:

Post a Comment