Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fukkokudo DragonBall "Dydo"

So I found Dragonball soda. I don't know how I feel about this. In the Korean Convenience store there is like 3 different character/varieties. I don't know if each character can tastes different, or if its all the same flavor, but I bought two, so we'll try them both out and see.

For those who aren't aware, Dragonball is a Japanese manga and anime series. The main character, Son Goku, travels around the world trying to collect 7 dragonballs, that if gathered together make a wish granting dragon appear. 

Appearance

Now with 30% more chest
The facade of the can is the torso of a Dragonball character. I am not familiar with the show, so I don't know who the character is. The can is busy, with lots of art aside from the torso.

It's cute, I guess. It's pretty novel. Just not that appealing. It certianly did catch my eye though, so there's always that.

Appearance Score

4/10 for novelty

Taste

 I checked the ingredients, and it's a high fructose corn syrup soda, so I'm not exactly excited it about this. I've been spoiled by all the cane sugar sodas I've been drinking. Though I should probably go into soda blind and not make judgements before I try them. Oh well, next time. Let's crack it open.

It's not bad. It's mildly orange.  A little lemony. The carbonation levels are nice, if generic. It doesn't have a super overpowering sticky sweet aftertaste. It's kind of like a Orange Crush with the lights dimmed down low. A level where you could drink the entire can and not feel like a bloated sack of tapioca pudding afterwards.

So yeah, pleasantly surprised. 

Taste Score

6/10 Not bad. Not earth shattering, but would drink it again.




And because I'm a 7 year old. I present my soda can with a variety of poses.
With a festive hat

With a festive head



Spoiler alert: The other cans were the same flavor






No comments:

Post a Comment