Thursday, December 20, 2012

Belvoir Fruit Farms Elderflower Pressé

I've realized I should start posting links to the companies that I'm drinking from. I'll do that from now on, and retroactively if I get around to it.

Belvoir Fruit Farms is a British soda and cordial company. They refer to them as Pressés. They have a very nice selection of drinks, I am told.

http://www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/

Appearance

The bottle is gorgeous. It's simple and elegant. The label has a very home struck feel to it, with it's rough edges and paper texture. The design is simple and understated.

So slender
It has lovely touches like the flowers on the inside of the back label.

I love the perfectly clear soda too. They didn't mess around with any dyes. In fact, there are very few ingredients at all, just water, sugar, elderflowers, lemon juice and citric acid.

Appearance Score

8/10 Lovely, wonderful

Taste

Ok, spoilers, I already have had this soda, and was really just looking for an excuse to go to the little restaurant that I know serves it and buy it again. So I know how this review is going to end before I even crack it open. This soda is lovely. Every thing about it. The taste is simple and understated. The carbonation is soft and delicate. It tastes like a very soft litchi or dragon fruit, with just a hint of tang, and a bit of floral. It kind of tastes like rose, if rose tasted good. There is also a lovely bitterness hiding behind the layers. It's wonderfully sweetened and have no overbearing aftertastes. It lingers like a peck on the lips before gently fading away.
So it's amazing, I love it. I can't wait to try the other flavors. I highly recommend you get your hands on some.

Taste Score

9/10 I can't get enough of it

No comments:

Post a Comment