Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Americana Huckleberry Soda

Appearance

It's a nice, if generic bottle. I like the label. It makes me feel like I'm pulling the soda out of a general stores coolers. Something the tinted glass doesn't tell you is that the soda itself is a lovely periwinkle.
The soda itself was a beautiful periwinkle color

Appearance Score

5/10

Taste

It has a bit of a grapey- berry smell to it. First sip, it starts off with a dimatap-y, grapey flavor, and then turns very tart before fading away. The tartness is actually quite pleasant, and probably the best part about the soda. The carbonation levels aren't bad. I don't know if I like it or not. It's interesting. It's certainly not bad. Maybe it would be better if it tasted more like real huckleberries, and less like a candy's interpretation of huckleberry. Unfortunately, a great idea, unremarkable execution.

Taste Score

3/10 I poured most of it down the drain, so that says something.





No comments:

Post a Comment