Thursday, December 27, 2012

Stappj Bitter

I haven't found much about Stappj except that it's an Italian company. They use mineral water, which gives it a unique taste. I found a 6 pack of this stuff in an Italian grocery store.


Appearance

Wook at it
It is an adorable bottle. It's a teeny tiny little glass thing. The label is a bit forgettable but the bottle is cute, and an interesting shape. I really want to know why they only put in 3.4 ounces. Is this just a drink your don't drink much of, or what? Is it like a digestive soda that doesn't necessarily taste good? Now I'm kind of worried.

penny for size
But regardless

Appearance Score 

8/10

Taste 

It has a fruity, mild cherry/stawberry/apple smell to it. I'm a bit of a wimp today so I felt the need to smell it before I taste because "Oh dear it's in a tiny bottle, that must mean terrible things for taste"

But time to steel myself and actually drink the dang thing.

Ahhhh.

First taste its not bad. Fruity taste, mildly cherry. and then OH God the secondary flavor. It's more something you feel than taste. The back of the tongue constricts and writhes. It's like drinking straight unsweetened grapefruit juice. Like that but amplified. And that wouldn't be too bad. It would be an interesting novelty. But then that writhing leave you and it leaves behind a terrible aftertaste. Like what you get after spitting out your week old bazooka bubble gum.

I find myself drinking more, just to get the aftertaste out of my mind.

Taste Score

4/10 Interesting experience, worth a try, but nooope. nope nope no more please.

Oh man, I still have five more of these left.

No comments:

Post a Comment