Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Grapefruit Kiss

Kiss soda is made by the Orca Beverage Soda Company. The same company that makes favorites like Dad's Rootbeer, The Americana Huckleberry soda from a while ago, and Frosties novelty soda.

Appearance 

No pretty pictures today. Enjoy my pants.
I don't mind the bottle. The green bottle is pretty, and the label is simple enough that it pleases me. I really like it doesn't have two labels and the back is clear.

Appearance Score

7/10

Taste

Ho boy. Let's say I'm not exactly excited about this one. I suspect this will taste like Fresca, the popular american grapefruit soda, love by old people and Canadians alike. I hate fresca. With a terrible and burning passion. I don't even have a valid reason for not liking it. It just tastes horrendous. So not looking forward to this one.

Let's crack it open.

It's not great. It's not Fresca though. It's not an explicitly bad taste. It has the base of a grapefruit flavor, but it doesn't own up to the bitterness like it should. It tries to sweeten it up too much, and is not executed well. It would be so much better super sour. Maybe I'll add straight lemon juice to it and see if that makes it better.

Oh well. It has a bit to much of a sweet aftertaste, but it's not that bad.


Taste Score

5/10 Meh, not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment