Thursday, November 22, 2012

Vimto

Vimto is a soft drink that originates from the United Kingdom with the original recipe dating back to 1908. All hail the great wizard wikipedia.

Appearance

The can confuses me. One side has the label in English, one side has the label in french with a picture of the beverage. I know that I'm drinking Vimto, I don't need a picture of Vimto to inform me that I'm holding a can of it. Also, every time I type Vimto I type"Vitmo" and then have to erase it and rewrite it. I don't know, I don't find the can particularly appealing. Also, I don't know what that little squiggle is supposed to mean.

Seriously, whats the squiggle for?


Appearance Score

3/10 Unimpressive, uninteresting.

Let's crack it open.

Taste 

It's a very fruity beverage. It starts with a cherry flavor, then it transforms itself to a sweet currant. There's some undertones of a Dr.Pepperish taste. It's not that bad. Maybe a little too sweet, but that's passable.
  I just had a friend try it and he says it tastes like "Cheer Wine". Apparently a beverage that one can only get in North Carolina.

But for some reason it has a very sweet bubblegum-ish aftertaste. Which is really really gross.The carbonation is a nice level. Not too harsh, but still satisfying. I'm not sure why, but it definitely tastes like it would be a British soda. I don't know why it tastes British, over say, Spanish or Korean, but it really does.

Taste Score

4/10 Pretty good at the beginning. Aftertaste ruins it.

No comments:

Post a Comment