Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fentimans Rose Lemonade

Fentimans is a "botanical brewery" based in Hexham, UK. They were first opened in 1905. The company is best known for its Curiosity Cola. Also for the fact that it's been hard to find and a 6 pack sampler costs upwards of $20 US on amazon.com.

However, I went to World Market, a US import chain, today and left with an absurd amount of soda. I have review material set for the next month. All of the soda is in glass bottles. All of the soda uses cane sugar. So I'm fricken pumped guys.

And I got out of the store spending less than $20 US
I'm trying Rose Lemonade today, and Fentimans Dandelion and Burdock soda next.

Appearance

The bottle is really interestingly shaped. It really gives it an apothecary feel to it. The label is simple and elegant. It's glass, which is a huge plus. The bottle feels solid and has a nice heft to it and doesn't feel like it would immediately shatter if I looked at it funny.

Though the Lemonade is not pink like I was expecting
Overall I love it.

Appearance Score

9/10 Attractive, elegant

Taste

The rose lemonade is gorgeous. It has a great tartness that is right at the correct level. The soda is sweet, but not obnoxiously so, a fact that I chalk up to the cane sugar, over high fructose corn syrup. There is a slight bitterness that balances the sweet well. The carbonation is large and satisfying. It's very similar to Limonata, but when you concentrate you can notice a bit of ginger and rose in the mix. The rose is not overpowering and only appears when you really squint.






Taste Score

9/10 Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment