Sunday, April 10, 2016

Wisco Pop! Ginger

This is another soda from the Wisco Pop line, a ginger that boasts local honey as its sweetner, and fresh lemon, ginger and lime juice.

Appearance

The ascetic of the label is quite charming. However, I like the contrast the red and white label that the cherry soda provided more than the green and white of the ginger. I feel it doesn't "pop" as much

Taste

This is a good ginger soda. Note: it is not a ginger ale like one might get in a Canada Dry or something. It is much sharper, similar to the ginger sodas I've experienced in Latin American countries. It has a great bite to it. It tastes much more like a fresh knob of ginger muddled into seltzer with honey and lime juice. I love it. Underneath the lemon and lime and ginger taste there are some delicate floral notes too, which are lovely and subtle. I was pleased to find on the ingredients label that it has lavender in here too. My main complaint is that there is a lot of sediment in the bottom of the bottle that I have trouble getting to the top. With that settling I feel I'm not getting the full experience throughout since its hard to make each sip uniform. But thats pretty minor. The other is that really strong ginger gives me heart burn :P. I'll be feeling this later, but its so worth it

Taste Score

9/10 Excellent. If you can find it, buy it

No comments:

Post a Comment