Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lester Fixin's Buffalo Wing Soda

Ho boy. Buffalo Wing Soda. This is my first foray into a savory soda. I'm a little apprehensive. But who knows, it could be really special. So I'll try it. How bad could it be? Spoilers: really bad

Appearance

Slogan reads. "Y'all get yer fixins"
You know what this reminds me of? The label reminds me of when restaurants put really poor quality photos of the food next to it's name and prices in the menu. Sometimes it makes the food look appealing, but most of the time it's rather unappetizing. But, at least you know whats inside the container, right?

Appearance Score

3/10, not doing it for me.

Taste

Hooo boy. I cracked it open. It smells sweet. I'm not sure how sweet will work with savory soda. It smells faintly of A1 steak sauce. A little onion-y and... raisins? Am I smelling raisins? What's up with that? And the taste! Oh god, the taste. It's really sweet. And it tastes like onions. There's a little spicy bite in the back of the throat, which is interesting but not in a good way. And there is this prevailing overpowering taste of stale bazooka bubble gum. This  is not a good soda. This is a bad soda. Sure it's novel. And it's cute, what their trying to do. But it's really bad. Like Offensively bad. I have never disliked a soda this much.

Taste Score

1/10. It get's 1 point for trying something new.

Combine the pumpkin pie soda with the wings soda to create sadness!

No comments:

Post a Comment