Thursday, January 24, 2013

Americana Honey Lime Ginger Ale

I got this soda from a food truck on campus that sells egg sandwiches exclusively.Which, to me, is really exciting, because that means I can get an amazing sandwich and an interesting soda everytime I'm running late to class. But that explains why today's photo is outside.

Americana is the same company that made that Huckleberrry soda that a lot of people really like and I didn't have much taste for. They also sell a Black Cherry and a Root Beer along with a bunch of other brands.
All their sodas can be found here.

Appearance

The bottle is pretty standard. Nice and plain, no distracting, superflousous graphics. Simple and well done.

I had to take off my gloves to take the picture. Regretted it. Happy Winter

Appearance Score

7/10

Taste

Ok, I will admit I was significantly more excited about my sandwich than this soda. Because, come on, my sandwich had hash browns and sun dried tomatoes and amazingness, and I haven't particularly liked this brand of soda in the past.

But it proved me the fool. This soda is actually excellent. This isn't your typical Canada Dry Ginger Ale. The ginger in it is what a fresh honey crisp apple is to a green apple candy.  The ginger is fresh and real tasting. It has an amazing bite to it that almost makes it spicy. The lime in it gives it a good tang that could almost be taken up a notch. The honey adds just a hint of sweet until the very end where it's a bit heavy.

All the flavors are at excellent levels at the very begining of the sip.

My only issue is the carbonation is a bit heavy and made me burp excessively, but that could also be contributed to the fact that I had just scarfed a sandwich 30 seconds previous.

Taste Score

9/10 Excellent, well done, would drink again.

No comments:

Post a Comment