Thursday, July 31, 2014

Dragon Tail Ice Mint Blizzard Energy Drink


This was another one of the Rocket Fizz sodas I tried.  The company that makes them is called Dragon Tail Energy .  I picked it up for the label and the powerful, kick-butt name.

Appearance

Look at this label. Gaze into its depths. Notice its sheen, it's scales. Appreciate the power animal contained within. This is such a cool design. I'm also giving it another point just for the soda's name alone. Ice Mint Blizzard... with Lemon.

Appearance Score

8/10. So cool.

Taste

Hahaha! I laugh at my own assumptions! Aw man what a let down. The soda looks so. cool. And the name makes it sound delicious! It's not though. Pretty disappointingly so. Let me walk you through this. The first sip? Great. It's this neat citrus, berry, energy drink flavor. Kinda red bull-ish. Has a little bite, which is fine.  And you sip it and you're loving it. And then the mint hits. But it's not a good mint. It doesn't flow well with that initial flavor. It's very cold and tastes like crest toothpaste. So you take another sip to wash out the mint after taste but that front of the sip is now tainted by the mint. And it's not pleasant. It tastes like electrified berry toothpaste or after dinner mints. I shudder at the thought a bit

Taste Score

3/10 It might rock someones boat, But it's certainly not mine

No comments:

Post a Comment